Our Firm’s commercial practice encompasses commercial contracts, compliance with business laws, joint ventures, commercial agencies, franchises and distribution agreements.
Our unique strengths are our knowledge and understanding of the Middle Eastern legal and regulatory environment, combined with our ability to deliver legal product to international standards.
These strengths assure our clients of practical and effective outcomes workable in Middle Eastern countries.
Due to our unequaled regional footprint, we deliver coordinated advice and agreements across Middle Eastern jurisdictions. We handle cross-border joint venture arrangements, as well as franchising and distribution arrangements covering the nine major markets in the Middle East.
Commercial Contracts and Compliance
We have practiced in the region for more than 20 years and we understand fully the nature and extent of business and legal risks in the Middle East. Our services range from the review of standard form agreements to negotiating and drafting complex “tailor-made” commercial contracts.
We advise on a broad range of Middle Eastern legal and regulatory issues which impact businesses, and we understand the practical as well as the theoretical aspects of the Middle Eastern legal framework.
We advise local and international players on their joint ventures in the region, both local and cross-border. We have expertise in Middle Eastern licensing and regulatory environment, including foreign shareholding rules. Where necessary, our team works closely with other specialist practices within our “full service” law firm to ensure all potential issues are identified and managed.
We provide advice on all types of commercial agency arrangements including distribution agreements, franchise agreements and various other types of representative agreements.
We have strong relationships with the regional regulatory authorities which oversee the registration of certain commercial agencies and, through these relationships, we stay abreast of new developments and practices. This ensures that our advice is clear and practical, taking into account pragmatic issues, as well as legal issues.
Abdelrahman Almaazmi Advocates and Legal Consultants Inc. is one of the very few law firms in the Middle East with a dedicated Corporate Structuring practice. Our practice prides itself on having the capability to provide a full-service solution to all clients across the region.
We have advised on a wide variety of corporate structuring and restructuring related projects and specialize in design and implementation of corporate structures. In particular, we design a structure for our client, however, complex their goal may be – in a legally compliant manner with their commercial goal in mind, and we assist them with implementation, however, challenging that implementation may be.
The strength of our team comes not only from our in-depth knowledge of relevant laws and regulations in every jurisdiction in which we have a presence but also from our awareness of the regional regulatory practices which we have developed by having very close working relationships with regulatory authorities and Ministries in the entire Middle East.
Given changes in the global financial landscape in recent years, our team of lawyers has worked extensively with clients in the area of cross-border corporate restructuring and reorganization.
- Company formation including the establishment of a branch and representative offices of foreign companies, limited liability companies, and free zone entities.
- Group reorganizing including restructuring and deregistration of existing entities to achieve maximum management and operational efficiency.
- Advising on restructuring or transactional (e.g. private placement, acquisition) structures including those with a cross-border element, as well as the process of implementation.
- Advising on an optimal corporate structure to conduct commercial activities at all stages.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on nominee, shareholder agreements and any other related documents required.
- Advising on corporate laws and regulations including regulatory strategies and compliance.
- Providing government authorities with regulatory advice in connection with the establishment of free zones and drafting implementing regulations to provide the legislative framework for setting up and regulating corporate entities in such free zones.
- Advising government authorities on the regulatory framework to attract foreign direct investment.
- Advising on corporate matters connected with government tendering specifically ideal corporate structure to carry out obligations under the tender.
- Carrying out corporate regulatory due diligence to advise on and ensure corporate compliance in the context of acquisition sales and general house cleaning and documents.
- Providing corporate services to DIFC and Jebel Ali offshore companies, including the provision of registered address.